[omniORB] Stopping omniNames and omniEvents

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
10 Aug 2000 16:07:37 +0100

> How do you end omniNames and omniEvents on Unix and Windows?  I have been
> simply doing a kill -9(or equiv) on the processes, but is the best way?
> II haven't actually checked, but I would guess there might be a SigTerm
> handler in the code to handle this situation.  Wouldn't it be better to
> use some sort of stop file, or something?

Kill -9 will do for omniNames. Updates to the persisent store is
transactional so it doesn't hurt if omniNames is killed any time.

I guest the same for omniEvents but this has
to be confirmed by Paul.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com