[omniORB] Stopping omniNames and omniEvents

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:49:53 -0500

All -

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but neither the docs nor the FAQs
address the question, so here goes.

How do you end omniNames and omniEvents on Unix and Windows?  I have been simply
doing a kill -9(or equiv) on the processes, but is the best way?  II haven't
actually checked, but I would guess there might be a SigTerm handler in the code
to handle this situation.  Wouldn't it be better to use some sort of stop file,
or something?

I'll step into my flak jacket, and crawl into my bomb shelter now. ;-)

- Mike