[omniORB] Windows 2000 SP1 and omniorb 3.0

JonShuler@vsegroup.com JonShuler@vsegroup.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:14:59 -0500

I have a server that is running under Windows 2000 using omniorb 3.0.  When
we upgraded the server to Windows 2000 SP1, omniorb reported access
violations when the server started.  It would fail on the following call:
     CORBA::Object_var obj = g_orb->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");

We removed SP1 from the server and everything works normally.  We traced
the problem down to the following line in tcpSocketMTfactory.cc:
     if ((pd_rendezvous = socket(INETSOCKET,SOCK_STREAM,0)) ==
RC_INVALID_SOCKET)
For some reason the socket call is getting an access violation.

Any suggestions on how I can determine what SP1 has changed to cause this
problem?

Jon Shuler