[omniORB] SCO Unixware 7 port & support

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:09:53 +0100

On Monday 7 August, Marcus Bullingham wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience of running omniORB 3.0 (or any x.y?) on SCO
> Unixware 7 that they can share? Does anyone have any suggestions to explain
> the problems I have seen, and the workarounds I am using? Our current
> project will make use of omniORB on Linux, Solaris, NT & SCO UW7. The first
> three platforms are explicitly supported by omniORB, but UW7 seems to be
> lacking in real support. Can I feedback the changes I have made (once I am
> confident with them) in the hope that UW7 will be supported in future
> versions of omniORB?

I'm afraid we can't help much with porting to Unixware, but please
send us the patches you make, and we'll include them in the omniORB
distribution.

You say that you had core dumps when the ORB threw exceptions. That's
worrying since it suggests that maybe exception handling is not thread
safe. That is a problem on several other platforms (Alpha Linux for
one). What compiler are you using?  Does it claim to support
thread-safe exceptions?