[omniORB] Support for Delphi ?

novitk novitk@pobox.com
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:43:26 -0400

Not exactly an answer to your question, but we use Delphi 5 with a
small COM in-place (DLL, written in VC++) automation objects quite
effectively. This COM layer provides nice isolation from transport
mechanics so we can easily migrate between ORBs(we switched between
Orbix, Visi and Omni), easier API, accessibility from different
environments in Win32 (VB, Excel, ASP etc.), transparent local
caching and recovery management. Even if we had direct Omni support
in Delphi we would still opt for that root.