[omniORB] Conflict reserved IDL words and CosLifeCycle.idl

Lars von Wedel lvw@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:41:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

yesterday I started an attempt to compile omniEvents using omniORB3,
pre-release 2. After telling the makefiles about the different
IDL compiler (and using -WbBOA), I got 2 error messages in
CosLifeCycle.idl, complaining about the usage of the tokens 'Factory'
and 'supports'.

I remember a recent discussion that omniidl does not accept certain
keywords. This is easy to circumvent in proprietary systems
development, but it seems to me that I have encountered a clash with
some standardized interface definitions...

What is your suggestion here?

Lars