[omniORB] omniidl2 segfaults.

Julian Cardona prometeo@mindless.com
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:30:47 -0500

    Hi!

    I've just downloaded omniorb 2.8.0 to my box,
    a Pentium @ 120 MHz running RedHat Linux 6.1.
    After unpacking, I went straight ahead to the
    "./bin" directory and tried omniidl2 on the
    "echo.idl" sample, obtaining:

        omniidl2: Symbol `cerr' has different
        size in shared object, consider re-linking
        Segmentation fault.

    After that, I've tried the full installation
    procedure a couple times, with exactly the
    same result. I also tried recompiling the
    sources (using the suggested "make export"),
    but then omniidl2 was unable to parse a single
    line of "echo.idl".

    Am I missing something obvious? Is there any
    documented trouble with RH 6.1? How can I make
    it work?

    TIA,

    Julian