[omniORB] is omniorb freeing returned pointers automatically ?

Philippe Moutarlier philippe@kscable.com
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:03:21 -0700

and, if yes , why ?

This is a follow up to my own pb :

if I define an attribute as beeing an array MyArray

typedef  long  arrayMyArray [4];
interface MyInterface {
	attribute arrayMyArray MyArray;

}

and implement the method :

arrayMyArray_slice * MyArray() {

return _myArray;
}

where _myArray is a pointer to a dynamically allocated arrayMyArray
and then call the access method :

a = MyArray();

the returned array (in fact _myArray itself) is just gone !

If I defined _myArray directly as a arrayMyArray (no dynamic alloc) then the server
segfaults as it seems to be trying to do a delete on it.

Is that a normal Corba behaviour ? I could not find anything specifying this anywhere (yet).

Philippe

--SAA22465.943751002/saturne.robots.com--