[omniORB] Network Traffic

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:28:03 +0000

On Sunday 14 November, "ryan.tecco" wrote:

> 	My application is currently generating thousands of requests per
> seconds on a "remote" object, which happens to be existing in the same
> address space as the client (for test purposes). We've experienced erratic
> behavior all day, and then our Onyx crashed, unable to ping, or anything.
>
> Is there a problem with using CORBA in a real-time system, generating
> thousands of requests on an object a second?

There shouldn't be any problem doing this, either in the local or
remote case. Assuming you're using omniORB 2.x, invocations to objects
in the same address space are just C++ virtual function calls, so the
ORB isn't involved at all. Local calls on omniORB 3 do a bit more
work, but you still shouldn't see any problems.

What sort of erratic behaviour did you get before your crash?