[omniORB] Compiling on Win32 with cygwin B20

Jake Morrison Jacob.Morrison@cdc.com
Tue, 25 May 1999 14:05:24 +0800

I just finished compiling omniORB for the first time=20
and I thought I would pass along some hints to the next guy :-)

I am using omniORB 2.7.1 with Win NT 4.0 SP3,=20
MS VC++ 6.0 SP1 and Cygwin B20.1.

If you are using the latest cygwin, you need to
set the MAKE_MODE environment variable to UNIX (i.e.
"SET MAKE_MODE=3DUNIX"), otherwise you get errors like this:
	make: *** [depend.phony] Error 128

You also need to make sure that /bin/sort works. I had to
copy j:\cygnus\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\bin\sort.exe to /bin/sort
If you don't do this, the .def files will not be created
properly, and none of the symbols will be exported from the
DLLs.=20

I ran into a problem running the second example client (eg2_clt).
If I include single quotes around the IOR string that the server
spits out, the client fails with "Caught a system exception.".
Without the quotes, everything works fine.=20

Regards,
Jake