[omniORB] Compiling on Win32 with cygwin B20

Mikhail Soukhanov mik@astra.relline.ru
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:27:55 +0400

Hello, jake!

Jake Morrison wrote:

> I just finished compiling omniORB for the first time
> and I thought I would pass along some hints to the next guy :-)
>
> I am using omniORB 2.7.1 with Win NT 4.0 SP3,
> MS VC++ 6.0 SP1 and Cygwin B20.1.

Great! I am just wondering because I have read on another ORB-related
mail list that cygwin is not thread-enabled or thread-safe or something
alike and that mingw32 should be used instead. Is this information
outdated? Also, would you think it possible (and how easy) to use
mingw32 for omniORB?

> I ran into a problem running the second example client (eg2_clt).
> If I include single quotes around the IOR string that the server
> spits out, the client fails with "Caught a system exception.".
> Without the quotes, everything works fine.

I think that quotes should not be put into the command-line argument at
all. At least, all the examples I have seen (not omniORB only) do not.

Best regards,
		Mikhail
--
Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@astra.relline.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosystem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-00-31, fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://astra.relline.ru./>