[omniORB] omniidl2 code generation

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 15:22:34 +0000

Hi,

reading the book "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++"
I find that the standard now includes type definitions for
interfaces T like

T::_ptr_type and T::_var_type. This facilitates parametrized
code generation. Is there any attempt to include this into the
next version of omniidl2 ?

And, while we are at it, I have a little wish list for omniidl2.
I'd like to be able to set with an option the prefix for generated
'#include <Foo.hh>' lines so they become '#include <prefix/Foo.hh>'
when 'prefix' is given as a command line option.
I'd also much appreciate if it would be possible to include other
headers (say, a 'config.hh') into every generated header automatically.
This, too, could simply be triggered by an option switch.

All this is just conveniance stuff but it simplifies life considerably
when working in a medium size project.

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique