[omniORB] Problems in the comm between 2 CORBA modules

Juan Manuel Rodriguez JUANMA@sag.es
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:20:53 +0100

Hello omniORBers.

My problem is:
I have 2 modules connected to a NameServer: a Sun (SunOS lambda 5.5.1 =
Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5) and a PC.=20
Both modules are JAVA and one of it ("client") always runs in the PC and =
connects to the other one to invoke his method.=20
Well, if I run the "server" module also from the PC all is OK (client gets =
its reference and invokes his method), but if this "server" module is =
running in the Sun, client gets its reference (server module registers =
perfectly in the nameServer), but cannot execute the server function =
because it says that is a non-valid reference.=20
I start Sun module with JRE 1.2 for Solaris (exactly jre12-solaris2-sparc.s=
h file downloaded) and the PC module with JRE 1.2 for x86_win32.
I see in the trace of the client module:

Error: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   minor code: 2  completed: No

Can anyone help me? What can be the cause?

Thanks in advance
Juanma.