[omniORB] Dynanmic IP assignment with omni ORB?

Emily Hipp ehipp@coactive.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:37:06 -0800

Hi all

I have a ORB application that runs on an embedded target.  The application
has
an inital object (similar to bootstrap) where the object reference gets
generated by the
client.  The client, using the inital object, retrieves a list of all the
internal object references
from the application.

Here is the tricky part:  The target is contacted via PPP where the IP
addresss of the
target is dynamically assigned.  The inital object reference can be
calculated by the
client (using the new IP address).  The ORB seems to be able to handle this
fine.

However,  the list of object references for the internal objects on the
application need to be
regenerated using the new IP address before sending them back to the client.

Is there an easy way to do this?  I tried to use dispose, then new on the
internal objects
(after changing the local IP address), but the IP address seems to be the
same as before.

Any help would be great!

Emily