[omniORB] SSL support status?

Randy Shoup rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:46:51 -0800

omniORB crew --

  There have been some rumors of a working IIOP over SSL transport with
omniORB (http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/archives/1998-11/0041.html).  We
would be very interested in SSL support, and may have to develop it
ourselves if we can't beg, borrow, or steal it.  We would prefer, of
course, to leverage the hard work of others here :-)

  Is there a time-frame on when SSL support will be ready for prime
time?  The note I reference above says that you don't want to release it
before IIOP1.1.  Is IIOP1.1 required to get SSL to work with IIOP?

-- Randy
Randy Shoup                                     (650)569-3682
Software Architect                              rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Tumbleweed Software Corporation