[omniORB] Orbix 2.2MT and omniNames

Brecht Vermeulen Brecht.Vermeulen@rug.ac.be
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:32:57 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I'm trying to get Orbix 2.2MT on SUN and omniOrb 2.7.0 on linux at work
together with the omniNames naming service.

I've noticed in the archives that the problem has been spoken about
 (10-98)and that it had to be solved with Orbix 2.2MT but I have an
analogous error :
10425-- Error accessing interface repository
  - The Interface Repository client library may not be linked,
        or for static linkage -DUSE_IR flag may not have been set.
  [Completion status : COMPLETED_NO]

I have adapted firstly the eg2 example and that ran with success but when
I adapted eg3 , this was the result. And it happens at the rootContext =
CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(initServ);.
I had to copy the NamingService.idl file from the OrbixNames directory to
compile with my program.

Is this indeed the good way or what do I wrong ?

thnx,
Brecht Vermeulen
engineering student