[omniORB] CosPropertyService Implementation

Ted Byrd tbyrd@idiom.com
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:00:57 -0800

Hello,

This is my first time posting to the list, though I've been a lurker for
a while.  I am a software developer in San Francisco and I've been using
omniORB since 2.5.0.  Thanks Sai-Lai, and all of the others who have
worked to put this together, you've done a great job!

I recently developed an implementation of the COSS Property Service for
a project that I am working on, and I'd like to contribute it to the
rest of the community.  I hope that I haven't duplicated anyone else's
efforts, but I couldn't find reference to such a service on the web
page, or in the message archives.

This software is really new, but I thought that I would release it
anyway to help flush out any remaining bugs quickly.  It's been ported
and reasonably well tested on Windows NT 4.0 SP3/Visual C++ 5.0 and
Redhat Linux 5.1/egcs 2.90.27, and should work on any system with a
decent implementation of STL.  The distribution is available as both a
gzipped tar file, or a zip file from:

http://www.idiom.com/~tbyrd/omniProperties.tar.gz
http://www.idiom.com/~tbyrd/omniProperties.zip

Please excuse my premature adoption of the omni name.  This product is
in no way affiliated with, sanctioned by, or accepted by, the omniORB
development team, or AT&T.  I have adopted the directory structure,
build procedures, and name to make things fit into my source tree more
consistently.  The omniORB team is free to incorporate this application
into the official distribution.  Please send all comments, suggestions,
or bug reports to me at mailto:tbyrd@idiom.com.

I'd also like to thank Paul Nader for his event service.  I hope you
don't mind that I plagiarized a bit of your service code in my
implementation!  :)

-Ted