[omniORB] issues with solaris and egcs shared libraries with omniOrb 2.7.1

Craig Brozefsky craig@red-bean.com
06 Apr 1999 14:49:36 -0700

Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de> writes:

> I suggest you compile omniORB with the compiler you want to use,
> i.e. egcs (Be sure to get the latest egcs-1.1.2, as it containes
> some bug fixes for sparc). Or get the professional C++ compiler
> from sun, which is nice and fast, btw :-)

Presently this means alot of hacking of makefiles, and fixing the
issue the libraries have with linking based on relative path.  None of
these are insurmountable, but it hardly seems worth the time if I know
I'm just going to have to maintain it all by hand, and do the same
thing the next time they add a library.  I think I'll just wait till
they or someone autoconfiscates and libtoolizes it.

--
Craig Brozefsky        <craig@red-bean.com>
Less matter, more form!      - Bruno Schulz