[omniORB] issues with solaris and egcs shared libraries with omniOrb 2.7.1

Guenther Grau Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 01:01:10 +0200

Craig Brozefsky wrote:

> Presently this means alot of hacking of makefiles, and fixing the
> issue the libraries have with linking based on relative path.  None of
> these are insurmountable, but it hardly seems worth the time if I know
> I'm just going to have to maintain it all by hand, and do the same
> thing the next time they add a library.  I think I'll just wait till
> they or someone autoconfiscates and libtoolizes it.

Well, it didn't look like there is that much work involved
to get it running using egcs. After all, it's free :-)
And I am sure, the maintainers will gladly accept your
patches :-)

  Guenther