[omniORB] long long 'and' any

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:09:12 -0500

In Message <199803252037.UAA03265@santaka.cam-orl.co.uk> ,
   Sai-Lai Lo <S.Lo@orl.co.uk> wrote:

=>>>>>> Saravanan Radhakrishnan writes:
=>
=>> Hi !
=>> I'd like to know if long long and 'any' have been implemented in
=>> omniorb. This is because when I had a long long in my IDL and
=>> did omniidl2, it aborted. When I changed to Double, it worked.
=>> Regarding 'any' I have no idea, though.
=>
=>Type Any (and typecode) is supported in omniORB_2.5.0.
=>
=>"long long" is not supported. I'm not sure the current mapping adequately
=>address the problem of mapping "long long" on 32-bit platforms where there
=>is no native C++ type to support 64-bit integer.
=>
=>Sai-Lai
=>

>From the horse's mouth (CORBA 2.1, section 18.6, footnote 4):

    This mapping mapping assumes that CORBA::LongLong,
    CORBA::ULongLong, and CORBA::LongDouble are mapped directly to
    native numeric C++ types (e.g., CORBA::LongLong to a 64-bit integer
    type) that support the required IDL semantics and that can be
    manipulated via built-in operators. If such native type support is
    not widely available, then an alternate mapping to C++ classes
    (that support appropriate creation, conversion, and manipulation
    operators) should also be provided by the C++ Mapping Revision Task
    Force.

I just checked, and there is no change in 2.2.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories