where does polymorphism occur?

Graydon Hoare gray@interlog.com
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:10:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi. I've got a small question I can't suss from the corba documentation:
where does corba polymorphism occur, at the idl level or at the C++ level,
or both?

I've got an object which inherits a method from its parent, and I want the
implementation to specialize the call for a certain subclass of the
argument type. Do I need to write the specilized form in the IDL in order
to marshall the call properly, or will C++ vtbls do it if I just implement
an overloaded form?

thanks
-graydon
C3 00 17 F9 F1 25 0A EF  96 97 F8 57 83 31 05 E5
g r a y d o n  (at) p o b o x (dot) c o m