[omniORB] egcs 1.0.3 and OmniORB2

Mark Shacklette mshack@interaccess.com
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:04:08 -0500 (CDT)

> Hi, I wonder if egcs 1.0.3 can be used to compile OmniORB 2.5.0?   I know
> there was a patch against egcs-1.0 to make it compile OmniORB with safe
> exception handling, but that patch does not work on egcs 1.0.3.

Absolutely.  I'm using 1.0.3a on Linux glibc (RedHat 5.0) and build without a
hitch on two different machines.  One one machine, everything runs perfectly.
On another, I tend to core dump when I Ctrl-C the server, for some strange
reason.  Everything runs just fine, its just when I go to kill the server, I
core, and only on one of the two boxes.

> I have managed to get OmniORB to compile on the SGI with egcs 1.0.3
> (on Irix 6.2) but the executables crash randomly.

Alas, no knowlege here.  You might want to query the OmniORB list about the
patch and 1.0.3, as well as your troubles.

Good luck.

Mark

J. Mark Shacklette                            J. Mark Shacklette
Principal Partner                    Committee on Social Thought
Integral Consulting, Inc.                  University of Chicago
Three First National Plaza          jmshackl@midway.uchicago.edu
70 West Madison, Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60602
312.214.6110