[omniORB] Questions...

Bill Janssen janssen@parc.xerox.com
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 15:18:59 PDT

ILU's next release (July) will run IIOP (or any other protocol) over any
GSS-enabled security scheme, including SSL.  Unfortunately, due to US
export restrictions, we will not be supplying our SSL implementation.
However, you might be interested in doing something similar to our
GSS-based scheme; the advantage is that you can then plug in any
security scheme (SSL, Kerberos, SPK) that has a GSS mapping.

Feel free to use our GSS library, currently available in ILU 2.0alpha12.

More details on our approach are available at
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/2.0a12/manual-html/manual_14.html.

Bill