[omniORB] Updated bug list

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:24:18 +0100

We are almost ready to release another snapshot. This snapshot contains the
brand new implementation of DynAny!

To prepare for this I've updated our web page
(http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/omniORBNews.html) to contain all the bugs
that have been reported since 2.5.0. These bugs have all been fixed in the
upcoming snapshot. Please have a look to make sure a bug you've encountered
has been reported and acknowledged.

In particular, bug#24 (http:://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/bugs/24.html) is
embarrassingly basic and should have been caught much earlier. If you use
type Any, you are strongly encouraged to apply the patch provided.

The upcoming snapshot should be stable on all our supported platforms. I've
set the target of end of this month to release omniORB 2.6.0, when
I receive reports that the snapshot also works fine on other platforms,

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND