ORB_init signature

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:33:37 +0100

Just to clarify:

------
According to CORBA 2.0 spec. 17.12.4

ORB Initialization:

// C++
typedef char* ORBid;
static ORB_ptr ORB_init(int& argc, char** argv,const char*orb_identifier);

-----
omniORB has it as:

typedef Char* ORBid;
static ORB_ptr ORB_init(int& argc, char** argv,const char*orb_identifier=0);

This is obviously wrong. (However, I had a feeling that this signature was
actually used in an earlier version of the C++ mapping.)

------
The new POA spec. changes the mapping to: