[omniORB-dev] Patch: omniORB 4 std headers and namespace fixes

Thomas Lockhart lockhart@fourpalms.org
Fri, 02 May 2003 14:21:54 -0700

> The changes depend on HAVE_STD defined, which is currently set by
> configure script if standard headers and std namespace exists.

Out of curiosity, how much work would you guess it would be to leave out
the "using namespace std;" lines and instead conditionally prefix calls
into the std namespace?

In our application code we did not have very many places which were
affected when upgrading to the 3.x compiler, and we could just fix
individual lines rather than exposing the entire std namespace to the
code...

                      - Tom