[omniNotify] Howto have structured supplier and consumer in the same process?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Feb 3 13:58:01 GMT 2006

On Thursday 2 February, Joe Pimentel wrote:

> I am trying to make a process that is either a structured event
> consumer and  supplier.

[...]
> If I try to make a multiple inheritance from both the Consumer and
> Supplier the compiler gives me some messages like:
>
> ... error: no unique final overrider for `virtual void*
> omniServant::_ptrToInterface(const char*)' in ...

You are not just trying to have a _process_ that is both an event
consumer and supplier, you are trying to make a single _servant_ that is
both a consumer and supplier. A servant is only permitted to implement
one interface, which is why you end up with a compiler error.

The simple thing is to just implement two servant classes, one for the
consumer and one for the supplier. The less simple thing is to declare a
new CORBA interface derived from both the consumer and supplier
interfaces, then implement that.