[omniNotify] Howto have structured supplier and consumer in the same process?

Joe Pimentel joe.b.pimentel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:57:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to make a process that is either a structured event
consumer and  supplier.

I understood that to be a structured event consumer my class has to
inherit from
POA_CosNotifyComm::StructuredPushConsumer and overhide the
push_structured_event method to handle the desired events.

But I am not sure if to be a structured event supplier my class has to
inherit  from  POA_CosNotifyComm::StructuredPushSupplier.
Some sample code  I found over the internet leads me to conclude that
it has not.
I that code the method connect_structured_push_supplier is sometimes
called with
the  CosNotifyComm::StructuredPushSupplier::_nil() parameter.

However in the samples I found realted to omniORB it always calls the
method connect_structured_push_supplier with a "_this()" parameter.
And if i try to use the
CosNotifyComm::StructuredPushSupplier::_nil() parameter it throws a
BAD_PARAM exception.

If I try to make a multiple inheritance from both the Consumer and
Supplier the compiler gives me some messages like:

... error: no unique final overrider for `virtual void*
omniServant::_ptrToInterface(const char*)' in ...

Does someone has some hints about this subject ?

--
Joe Bertoli Pimentel
joe.b.pimentel at gmail.com