[omniORB] Question regarding OmniORB SSL example

Daniel Krügler daniel.kruegler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:19:02 UTC 2024

I apologize, but I unintentionally pressed send before finishing this
email. Let me finish it here:

Am Mi., 14. Feb. 2024 um 18:16 Uhr schrieb Daniel Krügler
<daniel.kruegler at gmail.com>:

> We are currently trying to switch our usage of omniORB for CORBA
> connections against a jacORB where we would like to use CORBA SSL. We
> use CORBA SSL since several years with jacORB alone and its
> configuration is very different from how omniORB allows to configure
> it. I looked at the ssl_echo example, and tried to compare it with
> section 7.8.1 of the omniORB.pdf which explains how to create the
> necessary .pem files using openssl. The point I'm currently struggling
> with, is how the root.pem corresponds to the descriptions in 7.8.1. My
> understanding is that the client.pem (and server.pem) are the result
> of the process that is described by
>
> "To make a single file containing both the key and the certificate,
> suitable for use in omniORB, concatenate the key and certificate files
> together. [..] If need be, create more certificates for servers and
> clients in the same way."
>
> But where was the creation of the root.pem described in this section?
> Is this the same (or a copy of)

the demoCA/cacert.pem file that was created by the

openssl req -config openssl.cnf -x509 -newkey rsa:2048 \
-keyout demoCA/private/cakey.pem -out demoCA/cacert.pem -days 3650

call?

Thanks for your help,

- Daniel Krügler