[omniORB] OmniORB 4.3.0 download not available?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jan 19 13:14:11 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-01-19 at 14:03 +0100, Daniel Krügler via omniORB-list
wrote:

> Today we noticed that the OmniORB sourceforge download page doesn't
> allow the latest download per
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/latest/download

That is very odd. The 4.3.0 release file of omniORBpy has gone missing
too.

They were definitely there before. I think SourceForge must have lost
some files. Maybe they will reappear, but if they don't come back soon,
I will re-upload them.

[...]
> omniORB-4.3.0-b1.tar.bz2
> (
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORB/omniORB-4.3.0/o
> mniORB-4.3.0-b1.tar.bz2/download)
>
> But is this really an original artifact from OmniORB? (I wonder about
> the b1 in the name)

The b1 means "beta 1". It is a legitimate, original file, but not the
one you want.

You can get the 4.3.0 release from here:

https://omniorb.sourceforge.io/snapshots/omniORB-4.3.0.tar.bz2

Very soon, I intend to release 4.3.1, with quite a few bug fixes and
minor improvements. You might like to get a snapshot of that instead of
the 4.3.0 release, from here:

https://omniorb.sourceforge.io/snapshots/omniORB-4.3-latest.tar.gz

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>