[omniORB] Duplicate Function in ominiidl-CPP generated code when using AMI for empty Interface

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Feb 12 15:38:59 UTC 2023

On Fri, 2023-02-03 at 16:50 +0100, Nico Lochner via omniORB-list wrote:

[...]
> the ominiidl Compiler generates two files, which both of them has the
> following code:
>
>     class _0RL_poll__00000000

[...]
> Usually this class gets a name with some random ID before of the
> 00000000 (like _0RL_poll_a8a3b903a412ba74_00000000) which might be
> generated from some kind of hash out of the functions in the
> interface. This makes it unique among the whole project.

Yes, it's based on a hash of the fully-scoped name of the first
operation defined in the file. Here there are no operations, so it
fails to populate the hash.

I've fixed it in the 4_3 branch. I've attached a patch that fixes it.

Thanks for reporting it.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>