[omniORB] Released: omniORB and omniORBpy 4.3.0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jan 10 10:47:32 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

The first full releases of omniORB and omniORBpy 4.3 are now available,
containing several new features compared to version 4.2.

Although this is the first formal release of the new versions, pre-
release versions are in production use in at least one large scale
enterprise application, so the new features and releases as a whole are
stable and robust.

Get them here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORB/omniORB-4.3.0/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORBpy/omniORBpy-4.3.0/

Highlights of the changes:

 - A new omniORB-specific HTTP / HTTPS transport, with a number of
   capabilities:

    . Full encapsulation of GIOP messages in HTTP.

    . Support for web proxies, transparent web proxies, reverse
      proxies.

    . For cases where security is important but an end-to-end HTTPS
      connection cannot be assured, support for in-message encryption.

 - Support for vast CORBA messages on 64 bit platforms.

 - Support for PyPy in omniidl and omniORBpy.

 - omniCallDescriptor::current() and omniCallHandle::current() (in C++)
   and omniORB.currentCallInfo() (in Python), to access information
   about the current call on a server.

The releases are primarily in source form. Due to the inconvenience of
building on Windows, especially for Python users, binaries are also
available for Python 3.10 on Windows. Let me know if you require
binaries for other Python versions, and I can build a small number
more.

Enjoy!

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>