[omniORB] omniorb win64 link issue

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 19 10:18:03 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-04-17 at 16:40 +0300, Naor Yehuda via omniORB-list wrote:

> I'm trying to build omniorb in win64 environment.

[...]
> idlpython.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__PyExc_IOError referenced in function _IdlPyCompile
> D:\Python\Python310\libs\python310.lib : warning LNK4272: library
> machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86'

That shows that you have a 64 bit Python, but that you are trying to
compile omniORB in 32 bit mode. You probably intend to compile omniORB
as 64 bit, so the problem is that your environment is wrong and is
picking up the wrong variant of the Visual C++ compiler.

Did you use the "Visual Studio Command Prompt" start menu item to set
up the environment?  If so, you probably chose the "x86" variant rather
than the "x64" version.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>