[omniORB] omniorb 4.3 status

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Oct 28 08:52:43 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 10:05 +0200, Michael Teske via omniORB-list
wrote:

> we consider switching from 4.2.4 to 4.3.0, but there were some
> concerns because 4.3 is still marked as beta. Is it
> really still beta? Should we use svn head instead?

It is stable and in production use. There are no concerns about it that
are keeping it in beta, just a couple of small changes that I intend to
make before the official release. The main reason it hasn't been
released is lack of time on my part, rather than any problem with it.

If you are going to use it, I would suggest using the head of the 4_3
branch, rather than the beta tarball.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>