[omniORB] ORB.destroy() takes ten seconds -- speed it up?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon May 11 14:47:22 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-05-05 at 21:54 -0500, Jim Bell via omniORB-list wrote:

> My app takes a long time to stop.  It seems that there are two
> different long waits during ORB.destroy():

Can you get a complete trace from traceLevel 25?

ORB destroy() tries to cleanly close all connections and threads, so
sometimes it has to wait for connections to become idle or otherwise
close.

If you need to exit quickly, you could just exit the process without
calling ORB destroy. The OS will clean up.