[omniORB] omniORBpy and Python3

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 3 16:32:23 GMT 2020

On Tue, 2020-03-03 at 14:43 +0100, Michael Teske via omniORB-list
wrote:

> I have some problems getting omniORBpy4.2.3 to run with python3.8.2
> on windows 10 64 bit.
>
> After solving the typical Pythonpath problems I am now stuck with
> problems in the python code.

Is this problem while building it, or after you have built it?

[...]
> "C:\cygwin64\home\michael.teske\build\trader-
> branch\WINNT51_64\MSVC160\Release\lib\python\omniORB\tcInternal.py",
> line
> 36, in <module>
>      for k, v in c.iteritems():
> AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

The source distribution contains a python directory containing Python 2
code, and a python3 directory containing Python 3 code. For some
reason, you are using the Python 2 code here. What is meant to happen
is that "make export" should copy the correct version of the Python
code from the source directory into $TOP\lib\python.

Did you perhaps build omniORBpy against Python 2.7 instead of 3.8,
meaning it picked the Python 2 version to export?