[omniORB] throwTransientOnTimeOut documentation bug

Luke Deller luke.deller at iress.com
Mon Dec 14 08:18:21 UTC 2020

Hi Duncan,

I am just writing to let you know about an error spotted in the
documentation for omniORB and omniORBpy, as well as the sample
configuration file.

These describe a configuration option named "throwTransientOnTimeout".  We
discovered that this option is ignored: CORBA.TIMEOUT is thrown when there
is a timeout even with this option set to 1

Looking at the code, I found that the configuration option should be
spelled "throwTransientOnTimeOut" (with a capital 'O' in TimeOut).  With
this spelling the option works correctly.

After encountering this I checked the other 7 configuration options which
contain the word "timeout":

   - "resetTimeOutOnRetries" is incorrectly documented as
   "resetTimeoutOnRetries"
   - the remaining 6 are correctly documented: 2 with "Timeout" and 4 with
   "TimeOut"

Kind Regards,
Luke.

Luke Deller
Platform Engineering Lead
Tel: +00000000000
Mobile: +00000000000
luke.deller at iress.com
www.iress.com
Level 1, 10 Shelley Street,
 Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
The contents of this email originated from Iress. For this purpose Iress includes Iress Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries, holding companies and trading entities. ​If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email.
nosig