[omniORB] -Woverloaded-virtual compiler warnings since 4.2.3 or 4.2.4

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Apr 29 09:48:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-04-29 at 00:19 +0200, Michael Teske via omniORB-list
wrote:

> I just found out that the diffs do not come from the omniORB version
> but from the used python version. We switched from
> python 2.7 to 3.6 in the 4.2.3 build, and I just confirmed that the
> _PR_copy_state()-methods are not virtual when
> building with 2.7, and virtual when building with 3.6. I assume the
> output of the idl compiler should be the same,
> independent of the python version, so something's wrong here IMHO.

You customised it :-)

https://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2015-February/031668.html

I don't think there's any need for the function to be virtual, but it
can't be changed in 4.2.x without breaking the ABI. 4.3.x is not yet
released, so it doesn't yet need a stable ABI. I I'll change it in the
4.3 branch.