[omniORB] Compatibility between omniORB versions

Adrian Maier adrian.maier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:28:33 UTC 2020

Hello,

Where can I find some information about compatibility between
different omniORB versions?  In particular :    if the the server and
some clients using an old version ,    is it possible to add some new
client that uses the latest version of omniORB  library ?

Here is the context : I'm working on a large application (running on
windows) that is using an old version of omniORB 4.0.7 . The
application consists of several processes that communicate using
omniORB.       Everything (omninames, notifd  and the application
processes)  is compiled with Visual C++ 6   and in fact the primary
goal is migrating to Visual Studio 2019.

My approach would be to migrate the components one by one ,  but I
don't know if it's feasible.
Is it  possible to have a mixture of omniorb clients :  some still
compiled with old omniORB lib and VisualC 6 ,  and others migrated to
VisualStudio2019 and possibly latest omniORB ?

Thanks and best regards,
Adrian Maier