[omniORB] omniORB and omniORBpy 4.2.4 released

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 6 12:08:31 BST 2020

Hi everyone,

omniORB and omniORBpy 4.2.4 are now available:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORB/omniORB-4.2.4/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORBpy/omniORBpy-4.2.4/

The releases are in source form.

Because it is quite painful to build omniORBpy on Windows if you just
use Python, there is also a binary build of omniORBpy with Python 3.8
on 64-bit Windows. If anyone needs builds for other Python versions,
let me know, and I can do a small number more.

These are primarily bug fix releases with only small incremental
changes over 4.2.3:

 - Support for C++17 compilers that do not permit throw specifications.
 - omniORBpy fixes for edge cases with Python 3.x.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>