[omniORB] compile OmniORBpy 4.2.3 on windows 10 + VS 2017 + Python 3

Nabil Ghodbane nabil.ghodbane at gmail.com
Fri May 31 21:06:47 BST 2019

Dear experts;
I am trying to compile OmniORB + OmniORBpy on my WINDOWS 10 + Visual studio
2017 and I am experiencing some troubles with OmniORBpy.
OmniORB compiles nicely, given one follows carefully the README
instructions. On the other hand, the compilation of OmniORBpy fails with
the error message below.
I copied the omniORBpy source files directory in
OmnyORB/src/lib/omniORBpy and set the OMNIORB_ROOT as well as the DATADIR
environment variables, but still. I experience errors.
So did someone manage to compile OmniORBpy 4.2.3, and if so, How?
Thanks for your valuable help.

omniidl: Importing back-end 'python'
omniidl: Could not import back-end 'python'
omniidl: Maybe you need to use the -p option?
omniidl: (The error was 'No module named 'omniidl_be.python'')
make[2]: *** [dir.mk:16: corbaidl_idl.py] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/cygdrive/c/software/omniORB-4.2.3/src/lib/omniORBpy/python3/omniORB'
make[1]: *** [dir.mk:9: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/cygdrive/c/software/omniORB-4.2.3/src/lib/omniORBpy/python3'
make: *** [dir.mk:6: all] Error 2

Nabil Ghodbane (Ph. D. Habil*.*)
Mailto: nabil.ghodbane at gmail.com