[omniORB] The listening port fails to open and no error message receive

Olivier Thiboutot Olivier.Thiboutot at voxco.com
Thu Jul 4 18:44:07 BST 2019

Hi,

We Used OmniOrb 4.1.7, and face a very strange problem.

The CORBA is used under IIS on Windows Server 2016 and the new feature of 'Overlapping Recycle'. This, in fact, load a new Process of a web service using a FIX CORBA listening port that is not release when the new Process start and want to use it...

We disabled the feature and we still have a problem... The OS is releasing the port not fast enough when the new process start.

The point is : we have no clue or error from OmniOrb about the failure of the opening port when we restart the new process.

Is there as possibility to get the error up to our end? I couldn't find any way in the server side option for this. We used the BOA compatibility and not the POA.

Best regards

Olivier Thiboutot
Voxco.com