[omniORB] building omniORBpy

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 22 23:05:10 BST 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 13:35 +0200, Michael Teske via omniORB-list
wrote:

> No, I did something similar stupid, the directory is nfs/samba
> mounted and I built it on linux before. I did do a make clean before
> building on windows, but obviously this isn't enough. Later, it did
> not occur to me that the original GNUmakefile could differ from the
> one genereated from GNUmakefile.in. Thanks and sorry for the
> confusion,

On all autoconf platforms (basically everything except Windows), it is
always a good idea to build in a subdirectory (by running configure
from there), rather than building in the source tree. That keeps the
build artifacts separate from the source, and avoids a lot of this sort
of trouble.