[omniORB] Enabling ZIOP makes resolving the NameService fail

Ruben Smits ruben at intermodalics.eu
Tue Feb 24 18:45:27 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently testing the ZIOP feature. I got it perfectly working by using

omniZIOP::setGlobalPolicies(CORBA::PolicyList());

in both my client and server and adding ziop to the
client/serverTransportRules. But if I want to use the NameService it fails
as follows:

omniORB: Adding root<1> (activating) to object table.
omniORB: State root<1> (activating) -> active
omniORB: Creating ref to local: root<1>
 target id      : IDL:RTT/corba/CTaskContext:1.0
 most derived id: IDL:RTT/corba/CTaskContext:1.0
omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved from -ORBInitRef argument
/ ORB registration.
omniORB: Send ZIOP enabling service context
omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
 file: omniZIOP.cc
 line: 937
 info: pvseq.length() == 2

the user-code that triggers the assert looks as follows:

CORBA::Object_var rootObj;
CosNaming::NamingContext_var rootNC;
try {
    rootObj = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService"); //--> this
works
    rootNC = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(rootObj); // --> this
triggers the assert
} catch (...) {}

If I disable that specific assert my application works without any
problems, including ZIOP. But I was wondering why that assert is there and
if it would be safe to disable it permanently?

Best regards,

Ruben

--
Ruben Smits, CTO
+32 479 511 786

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. Any copy, print or forward of this email, without the agreement
of sender or addressee, is strictly prohibited. Misuse is a violation of
the law on personal data protection (D. Lgs. 196/2003) and on secrecy of
correspondence (art. 616 cp). If you have received this transmission in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email and
any attached files.