[omniORB] Abnormal termination with "omniORB.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST(omniORB.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST_IncarnateFailed, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)" error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jun 26 12:42:27 BST 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 14:34 -0700, John Nevius wrote:

> I'm hitting an odd message on a section of my program that loops
> through the contents of a series of tables.

[...]
> \SettingsUserInterface_idl.py", line 381, in getFieldAsStringByName
>     return self._obj.invoke("getFieldAsStringByName",
> _0__GlobalIDL.SettingsUserInterface._d_getFieldAsStringByName, args)
> omniORB.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:
> CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST(omniORB.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST_IncarnateFailed,
> CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

OBJECT_NOT_EXIST_IncarnateFailed is omniORB's name for a standard OMG
minor code, described in the CORBA standard as minor code 2. omniORB
never throws it!  It must be being thrown by the server. Is the server
omniORB or something else?  If it is omniORB, that exception must be
thrown by application code, not by omniORB.