[omniORB] omniorb on visual studio 11

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 15 16:32:19 BST 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 16:49 +0200, Marta Valenti wrote:

> I am trying to build an application that uses omniorb on windows. I am
> currently using VS11 for the core application and I want to integrate
> some CORBA communication into it. I downloaded omniorb-4.1.6 and
> linked it to my application. When I try to build it, it gives me the
> error

Why did you download omniORB 4.1.6?  The current release is 4.2.0. The
latest release in the 4.1.x stream is 4.1.7. Please use one of those,
rather than omniORB 4.1.6, which was released three years ago.

> \omniORB-4.1.6\include\omnithread.h(194): fatal error C1004:
> unexpected end-of-file found.

That looks like the file is incomplete for some reason. What is on line
194 of the file?  Does it end there?