[omniORB] EXT : omniORB 4.1.6 64bit on VC 9

Obermaier, Stephen J (IS) stephen.obermaier at ngc.com
Mon Apr 14 14:57:44 BST 2014

There are a number of things you need to do to build x64 from the tarball.

Make sure you have an x64 version of python 2.7.x.
The 64-bit version of the Cygwin tools are nice to have, but not required.

Delete everything in the omniORB bin directory
Delete the exe's in the src\tool\win32 directory

Run the vcvarsamd64.bat file to set up the VC9 x64 environment.

>From the omniORB\src directory do a make veryclean
In tool\win32 do a make -f dir.mk to rebuild the windows wrappers

Do a make export to rebuild the ORB.

That should do it!

Steve O.