[omniORB] clientCallTimeOutPeriod and serverCallTimeOutPeriod not taking

Young An younga at cmsinc.com
Tue Apr 1 16:32:48 BST 2014

Hi,

I am running tests to turn on the clientCallTimeOutPeriod and serverCallTimeOutPeriod settings. I am using omniORB 4.1.4, and I have set my settings in milliseconds.

After I brought my system down and back up again, these settings do not seem to be taking affect. In particular I was expecting to see timeout exceptions.

In my test I set the settings for clientCallTimeOutPeriod/serverCallTimeOutPeriod to 30 seconds, and in my client-side application I put in a sleep() timer in the middle of some arbitrary execution code to simulate a timeout. My sleep timer was set to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. My granularity was set to 15 seconds.

What had happened was, the entire 2:30 of sleep time was processed, and I was expecting the ORB to throw an exception at 30 seconds, per my settings.

Is there some other setting that I need to configure, or is there something fundamentally missing from my test?

Thank you

Young An
Software Developer - CMSI
(410) 953-8463 Desk
(443) 860-1153 Cell

The information contained in this email message may be privileged and/or confidential and protected from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended only for the individual to whom or entity to which it is addressed as shown at the beginning of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or if the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message is not an employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, use, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return email and permanently delete this message and your reply to the extent it includes this message. Any views or opinions presented in this message or attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company. All emails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by the Company.