[omniORB] Omni Orb windows binaries only for 64 and not X86 architecture

Olivier Thiboutot Olivier.Thiboutot at voxco.com
Thu Jul 18 15:09:18 BST 2013

Hi,

No, we never try them since binaries from package were perfect and without any problem or issue about compiler

We always try to use third party without interfering. For the build, I will have to take a machine and built it for compiling Omni since we only have Windows (Microsoft) product inside the companies. You are one of the exception we include into our solution.

Where can I find the cocking book, if it is not too complicated to point.
So the idea will be Target machine x86 Windows NT4 or more compliant, debug and release with SSL, IPV6 and IPV4,'Any' support. I think those are all basic feature but I'm not sure.

Best regards
Olivier

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 17:47 +0000, Olivier Thiboutot wrote:

> We want to move to Visual Studio 2010 since we prove the stability on
> other products.
>
> Here raise my problem. For doing the job of migration, we plan steps
> since telephony Drivers are built for x86 core. So we cannot change
> the target machine to 64 bits. The package for Visual Studio contains
> only drivers of 64 bits target machine. I cannot rebuild Omni Orb core
> since we always wants to use Omni Orb default package.

The "default" omniORB package is the source release. The Windows binaries that I provide are just for your convenience. Given the number of different compiler versions and sets of compiler options, it isn't very convenient for me to build them, so with recent releases I have tended to release in source form only.

Have you tried to build from source?  It's not hard.