[omniORB] omniORBpy-3-5 built with Python 2.7

David Newcomb david.newcomb at bigsoft.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 14:17:32 GMT 2011

omniORB people,

Firstly, thank you to all the people who gave me a little help as I tried to
compile omniORB 3.5 with Python 2.7.

It wasn't as straight forward as I thought it would be to produce a
omniORBpy Python extension module so I have documented the troubles I had on
my blog.

http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2011/01/24/compiling-omniorb-4-1-5-and-omniorbpy-3-5-with-python-2-7

No one responded to accept my offer of a pre-compiled
omniORBpy-3.5-win32-py27.zip so I have uploaded it to my server and hope
that Google will make it easy for others to find.
The module I have created (along with it's builder program) create a Python
module that doesn't require you to change your PATH or PYTHONPATH unlike the
2.6 module currently on SourceForge.
I have added instructions to the blog on how to do it in the hope that
someone else won't have to struggle as I did.

Best regards,
David.

--
Managing Director